About our Team Member
Wendy Waswalla has over 5 years of experience in health care services ranging from dental x-rays and caring for patients, to helping file records and appointment scheduling.
She is the lead dental assistant at Kisumu Dental Center and she has been able to gain invaluable experience.
She is an enthusiastic, self-motivated, reliable, responsible, hard-working and talented Dental Assistant. Wendy is committed to keeping patients comfortable and safe during the oral examination and specialized in encouraging regular dental care by establishing a productive dialogue with patients.
She has been handling the following responsibilities with a great level of patient care.
- Preparing patients for dental work and providing great patient care.
- Helping with infection control by sterilizing and disinfecting instruments, setting up instrument trays, preparing materials, and assisting with dental procedures.
- Assisting dentists in managing medical and dental emergencies when necessary.
- Assisting dental hygienists with procedures when necessary.
- The recording of treatment information in patient records.
- Exposing dental x-rays from dental diagnostics and caring for dental x-ray equipment.
- Giving patients information on dental hygiene, oral health care, and plaque control programs.
- Collecting and recording medical and dental histories and patient vital signs.
- Providing postoperative instructions as directed by the dentist.
- Caring for dental equipment.
- Forming preliminary impressions for study casts and occlusal registrations for mounting study casts.
- Ordering dental supplies and maintaining dental equipment inventory.
- Fabricating temporary restorations and custom impressions from preliminary impressions.
- Works closely with the Dentist on patient scheduling.
QUALITIES & CHARACTERISTICS:
Wendy A Waswalla maintains a professional relationship and a positive attitude with co-workers, the public, patients and all Kisumu Dental Center’s staff, and vendors. She has maintained the highest professional ethics and is honest in dealing with people; is a model for all employees through her actions. Wendy displays enthusiasm toward the work and the mission of Kisumu Dental Center.
Come to where your smile is our pride. Kisumu Dental Center WELCOMES you.
Our Lead Dental Assistant oversees and monitors the workflow of the dental assistants, order supplies, and maintain equipment. This ensures that smooth workflow between dentists, assistants, and patients is maintained.